[rt-devel] Odd behaviour

Robert Shaw rshaw at arizona.mxim.com
Fri May 25 14:13:07 EDT 2001

Jesse,

I don't know if the following is what you designed it to do or not, but it
seems strange to me. We are planning to use a single input queue for users
to submit to, and then various other queues to file them into based on the
support person's understanding of the ticket:

1. A user creates a new ticket into the "general" incoming queue.
2. The support person looks at the ticket and determines what queue it should
   go into.
3. The support person clicks on "The Basics" section.
4. They then change the "queue" pop-up to the desired queue we want it
   categorized under.
5. The "Status" is left on "new" because no-one has opened it yet, we are
   only categorizing them to the appropriate queue where certain support
   people are responsible for.
6. Then click "Save Changes".
7. The "Results" then say:

Queue: Queue changed from general to quickic

Which is what I'd expect. It should remain "new".

However, when you then go an look at the ticket details now, it says it's
"open" and owned by "Nobody". If you look at the history, you'll see:

Fri May 25 11:10:48 2001 Queue changed from general to quickic

Fri May 25 11:10:49 2001 Status changed from new to open by rshaw

Fri May 25 11:10:50 2001 Status changed from open to new by rshaw

Fri May 25 11:10:50 2001 Status changed from new to open by rshaw

Shouldn't it have stopped at the "changed from open to new" transaction? Why
is there another "new to open" at the end now?

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
-Robert