[rt-devel] Windows Build of RT 2.1.30

Shannon Posniewski poz at broadcom.com
Wed Aug 14 17:13:47 EDT 2002

I was very happy to find the install you have put together for Win32. I must
have been a lot of work, and I appreciate it. It seemed to install and start
up fine with no errors.

I have noted a couple possible problems in either the port, config, or RT
itself.

1. After navigating RT with the web browser (adding a ticket, editing it,
listing users and so on), I eventually get server errors. Restarting the
server with the Apache Monitor cleans it up for a while, then I get the same
errors a little later.

<rt.log>
	[Wed Aug 14 20:24:28 2002] [warning]:
DBI->connect(dbname=rt22;port=8285;requiressl=1) failed: Too many
connections at C:/Program Files/Request
Tracker/perl/site/lib/DBIx/SearchBuilder/Handle.pm line 117
	 (C:/PROGRA~1/REQUES~1/rt/lib/RT.pm:126)

<httpd-error.log>
	[Wed Aug 14 13:24:28 2002] [error] [client 10.16.65.82] Connect
Failed Too many connections
	 at C:/PROGRA~1/REQUES~1/rt/lib/RT.pm line 48
	, referer: http://10.16.65.82:8284/Admin/Users/

2. When I used the web interface and go to /Configuration/Queue/[a new
queue]/Group Rights and edit the rights, I find that although the list boxes
allow multi-selection, only one selection (for each listbox) is actually
selected after submitting.

3. When I create a user (Configuration/Users/Create new user) and supply the
following info:
	Username: test
	Email: test at foo.com
	Real Name: test
	Nickname: test
	[check] Let this user be granted rights
I get the following Result messages:
	User created
	RealName: could not be set to .
	NickName: could not be set to .
	Privileged status: That user is now privileged

The RealName and NickName do appear properly on this page, though. If I
submit again, I get no result messages.

Thanks for any insights you might have. I regret I do not have a Linux
system to try #2 and #3 with to see if it is an RT or a WinRT problem.

shannon