[rt-devel] Localisation / a little question

Autrijus Tang autrijus at autrijus.org
Sun Dec 1 18:20:14 EST 2002

On Fri, Nov 29, 2002 at 10:51:37AM +0100, Jan Okrouhly wrote:
> > Yes.  Before each msgid, there is typically a line like this:
> >     #: html/Approvals/Elements/ShowDependency:46
>
> Would it be possible, to divide some same msgid which are merged here?
> I mean they are collected from more different places/files to one line in
> here. Of course they are textually same in english, but USED in different
> CONTEXT are of course translated in to different words.

Well, this is a legit question.  The answer is that you _have_ to
distinguish it in the English.  For example, RT used to have 'Home'
designating both homepage and home phone, but these two are different
in Chinese; hence, I submitted a change request and it is now two
separate entries.

If you spot such occurenced, by all means let Jesse know so he can
change the source to make them distinguishable.

/Autrijus/