[rt-devel] quandry: secure parts of a ticket... should this be done with related tickets?

Bruce Campbell bruce_campbell at ripe.net
Wed Dec 18 03:37:24 EST 2002

On Wed, 18 Dec 2002, Phil Homewood wrote:

> Colleen wrote:
> > I have never used rtadmin and just now when I attempted to, I received
> > the following error:
> >
> > [root at bizarro bin]# ./rtadmin
> > Can't locate RT/Interface/CLI.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
> > /usr/local/rt/etc /usr/local/rt/lib /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1/i386-linux
>
> <snippitysnip>
>
> Is rtadmin setgid rt?
> Is /usr/local/rt/lib/RT/Interface/CLI.pm present?
> Does your suidperl work?

And a more subtle gotcha; is /usr/local/rt on a NFS-mounted partition with
root-squash enabled, and is the directory set so that only the RT
user/group can access it?

For that matter, is /usr/local/rt/{etc,lib} the RT directories ?

                   Systems/Network Engineer                             NCC
                 www.ripe.net - PGP562C8B1B             Operations/Security