[rt-devel] contributions helper

Stanislav Sinyagin ssinyagin at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 21 12:28:02 EST 2002

Hi Jesse and all,

I think it would be nice to integrate a small utility
into RT distribution which would help to install and
(probably) maintain the contribution add-ons.

First thing that this utility would do is variable substitution:
so that the main RT installation and the installed add-ons would
reference the same version of Perl, the same RT lib, etc, and bin
paths, and (possibly) the same database access mechanisms.

The second nice-to-have task is much more complicated:
a kind of package management. The most complexity would be in
the sources version control, because most of the add-ins
need to modify some files in the installation.
Perhaps it requires a kind of integrity control with
checksums, in order to ensure that the patches are applied correctly.

With regards,
Stanislav

P.S. I wish you nice Holidays, by the way :)