[rt-devel] hacking on rt.

Rob Walker rob at myinternetplace.net
Thu Feb 7 15:47:14 EST 2002

On Thursday 07 February 2002 14:33, Jesse Vincent wrote:
> Actually the current -head is, imo, _more_ stable than .11 (which clearly
means
> it's time to start gearing up for another release ;)

:-)

> Finding anything interesting besides those I mentioned?

not reall.  Bitkeeper has windows clicky tools which is nice, and will be
integrated with MS products going forward, from what I can tell.  However
that licensing makes me wonder if it will be the big one going forward. But
it doesn't seem to have the user base of CVS.  (But what does?  I can hear
myself asking)  arch, subversion, cvs, bitkeeper seems to be the only list
which is worth looking at.

I sure wish that something like savannah would be more of a plug-in based
hosting tool instead of a big wrapper around their choice of VCS, tracking,
mailing list manager.  In the end, sourceforge/savannah feels like a big cow
pie sitting there holding all of the good seeds together in one place.  But
you only get the seeds that the cow says you get, and you _do not_ want to go
replacing the already-installed seeds with the ones you want in there.

> > suggestion and WhitePJ's brilliant move.  :-)  Here is what I have done so
> > far, little as it is.
>
> Hrm. Have you put any thought/effort into an import tool?

That's a good idea.  I don't need it.  The ony keystone system I have any use
for right now has about 20 tickets in it.  My wife can deal with dual systems
until we close all of the old keystone slips.  I might work on an import tool
if I feel anal enough about our history, but I don't think I will.

> > 1.  The part where we show the current rights is driving me crazy, since
it
> > isn't sorted the same way as the "New Rights" listbox is sorted.
>
> There's a patch in the buglist for that.

ahh, gimme gimme gimme!

rob