[rt-devel] RT::Action::Autoreply derive from RT::Action::Notify?

Jim Meyer purp at wildbrain.com
Tue Feb 19 23:51:45 EST 2002

Howdy!

The subject mostly says it all.

RT::Action::Autoreply derives from RT::Action::SendEmail, in which
SetRecipients() is a mostly empty placeholder waiting to be overridden.
As you might expect, RT:A:AR overrides it by forcing the requestors into
the To field and moving on.

Contrast this with RT::Action::Notify, which implements a lovely
SetRecipients() accepting as an argument a comma-separated list any or
all of "Owner, Requestor, AdminCc, Cc or All". This allows RT:A:N to be
used all the different non-"AsComment" scrips just by changing the
arguments.

It feels like Autoreply should either derive from Notify (as
NotifyAsComment does) or Notify::SetRecipients() should be promoted to
SendEmail. Oddly enough, I favor the latter because an autoreply is just
a specialized notification (with the proper queue return address set).

Any thoughts? I'll happily submit either patch.

Thanks!

--j
Jim Meyer, Geek At Large                              purp at wildbrain.com