[rt-devel] Text wrapping

Rich Lafferty rich+rt at lafferty.ca
Thu Jun 27 09:25:06 EDT 2002

Morning, all --

I'm finding myself dissatisfied with the way RT wraps text in outgoing
mail. I know that part of the problem is that you can't rely on the
browser to do anything predictable in a text box, but I get the
feeling that Text::Wrapper isn't making things any prettier.

Given that automatic wrapping will always have the chance to screw
things up, I'd like to try Text::Autoformat in Text::Wrapper's place.
(If you're not familiar with it, T::A is Damian Conway's intelligent
text wrapper, that recognizes quoted text, bullet points, and so
forth, and does the right thing to them.)

Before I try, I figured I'd check to see if anyone else has. :-) Has
anyone had any luck or lack thereof with T::A and RT, even with older
versions?

Cheers,

  -Rich

--
 Ottawa, Ontario, Canada    |  Save the Pacific Northwest Tree Octopus!