[rt-devel] RT::Transaction and migration

Rich Lafferty rich+rt at lafferty.ca
Thu May 2 16:17:06 EDT 2002

On Thu, May 02, 2002 at 03:14:00PM -0400, Jesse Vincent (jesse at bestpractical.com) wrote:
> Ideally, we'd have an RT::Transaction::Import() method. In the meantime,
> well, it's a case of "if you do this, you're responsible for a lot of
> integrity checking ,etc" which is why the docs tell you not to do it.

Is there anything *specific* that I should expect to bite me there, or
just a lot of generalist teeth?

> import-1.0-to-2.0 is a reasonable template for moving from
> a crufty, hacky, poorly designed ticketing system to RT2. ;)

What a coincidence! That's what I have! :-)

While I'm puzzling over migration: If I call

  $ticket->Create(id => 5, ...)

where there's no ticket #5 yet but there are tickets >5, it still
creates the next ticket per auto_increment. Import() works as
expected. Is that a documentation bug or a code bug?

  -Rich

--
 Ottawa, Ontario, Canada    |  Save the Pacific Northwest Tree Octopus!