[rt-devel] Logic of RT::Tickets::Limit*?

Bruce Campbell bruce_campbell at ripe.net
Tue May 21 14:42:36 EDT 2002

On Tue, 21 May 2002, Rich Lafferty wrote:

> On Tue, May 21, 2002 at 08:17:32PM +0200, Bruce Campbell (bruce_campbell at ripe.net) wrote:
> > On Tue, 21 May 2002, Rich Lafferty wrote:
> >
> > > I'm playing with RT::Tickets::Limit*, and I'm confuzzled.
> >
> > Actually, for each of these perl snippets, could you quote the SQL that it
> > generates?
>
> I assume that's easy to pull out -- how can I find it to quote it?

MySQL server logs I'm afraid.  If you're connecting from one definite host
for your tests, you can sift out your specific queries (change
rt2_user at my.host.name as appropriate):

	mysqlgrunt$ cat /var/mysql/hostname.log | perl -e '$curnum=undef;
	while(<>){ if( defined( $curnum) ){ if( m/\s+$curnum\s+\S+\s+/ ){
	print; } }; next unless(
	m/\s+(\d+)\s+Connect\s+rt2_user\@my\.host\.name/ ); $curnum=$1;
	print;}' | less

> > > Am I calling on undefined behavior here, or is there some logic that
> > > I'm missing or misunderstanding? My assumption was that multiple
> >
> > Invoke UnLimit() first ;)
>
> I'm not sure if that was serious or not, but since UnLimit *existed*,
> I tried it, and it didn't change anything.

No, but it solved a problem for me some months back, always worth
checking, particularly if all of your perl snippets were being executed in
the same context.

                   Systems/Network Engineer                             NCC
                 www.ripe.net - PGP562C8B1B                      Operations

Excitement of the moment - a taxi just tried to argue right of way with a
tram, which came to a sparking halt in the middle of the intersection and
Had Words(tm).