[rt-devel] canonicalising WebExternalAuth

seph seph at commerceflow.com
Tue May 28 23:49:36 EDT 2002

seph <seph at commerceflow.com> writes:

> I just started seriously hacking an RT to use either cert based auth,
> or password auth. (via WebExternalAuth and apache) In doing so, I
> discovered a couple things that bring me to needing a new feature in rt.
  [snip]
> I've included my patch, though I'm ashamed to admit it's untested.

I've now tested that patch, and it appears to work fine.

I've also just completed stuff that does auto user creation. I took
inspiration from 2.1.13's new autohandler, but since every site's
going to have a different external data source, I moved stuff to the
config. I've even gone and tested this one. :)

I've attached code snippets and not a patch, since it's short, and my
code is already patched. If you're using 2.0.13, the autohandler code
goes around line 21. (that's WebRT/html/autohandler, or more properly
local/WebRT/html/autohandler if you didn't know)

have fun
seph