[rt-devel] RT 2.1.12-Win32 beta distribution

Autrijus Tang autrijus at autrijus.org
Thu May 23 19:21:28 EDT 2002

On Thu, May 23, 2002 at 05:13:15PM -0400, Jesse Vincent wrote:
> On Thu, May 23, 2002 at 05:08:41PM -0400, Neil H. wrote:
> > Is this approved by Jesse, i.e. Is this legit?  How is the mail system
> > setup?
> I've been working with Autrijus on this. Down the road, it's quite likely that
> BestPractical will be producing an Win32 installer based on autrijus' work.

Yup, this is my intention as well. However, it can take quite a bit of
time to get the help modules (i.e. WinRT) into a generally-portable
configuration framework.

Also the currently combination of Mysql4-alpha, Modperl2-alpha, Perl58-alpha
and Mason109-alpha needs to be seriously ironed out -- see winrt/lib/WinRT/HTTPD.pm
for some truly horrifying makeshift work.  I'd like to eliminate these before
Bestpractical releases it for General Availability.

> From what I've seen, I'm very, very impressed. As a non-windows user myself,
> I can't speak to the mail configuration.

Thanks. :-) Since the attached nms_sendmail does not (yet) handle Cc: and Bcc:,
some amount of porting would be required.  There are currently no plans for
handling incoming mails -- if somebody have expertise in hooking into Windows
SMTP server, that'd be wonderful.

Thanks,
/Autrijus/