[rt-devel] Deriving Queue from Mail Address

Vivek Khera khera at kcilink.com
Wed Nov 13 10:10:41 EST 2002

JV> On Wed, Nov 13, 2002 at 02:00:33PM +1100, Philip Warner wrote:
>>
>> Then just parse the 'To' field, which still says 'whatever at bugs.here.com'.
>> I am happy to send a patch...
>>
JV> How does that work if you Cc or Bcc the queue?

If you guys are using postfix, you can use a transport table entry to
route all mail for a given domain to your application, and pass to it
the SMTP recipient address:

# Transport entry
rt.kcilink.com rt:

and in master.cf:

# handle email to @rt.kcilink.com -- process inbound messages
# expects rt_destination_recipient_limit = 1
rt     unix  -       n       n       -       2       pipe
    flags= user=nobody argv=/usr/local/rt/bin/rt-mailgate --some-magic-flag ${sender} ${recipient}

whereby the rt-mailgate application's some-magic-flag option does the
right thing based on the sender and/or recipient.

Then you can add/delete queues at will, and the mail gateway needs no
changing, and no aliases are required.

I haven't tried this, since I'm fine with the queues I've got and they
don't change often ;-)