[rt-devel] RT 3.0 alpha 1 on Mac OS X

Benjamin Boksa b.boksa at sidebysite.de
Wed Nov 20 05:16:28 EST 2002

(So after Jesse's mail I send this mail to rt-devel again)

Hi!

I just installed RT 3.0 alpha 1 on Mac OS X and I can access the
Web-Interface. Here is what I did (most of it is mentioned in the
README). I don't know if this is useful, but I just wanted to share my
experiences:

chmod a+x configure

sudo niutil -create / /groups/rt
sudo niutil -createprop / /groups/rt gid 401

./configure
sudo make install
sudo make initialize-database # doesn't seem to work for me

sudo /opt/rt3/sbin/initdb --action init --dba root --dba-password
root-pass # worked fine

rt.local # add rt.local as a local domain using NetInfo Manager

install Apache::DBI (not found by make testdeps)

How I Compiled Apache:

setenv SSL_BASE /usr/local/src/openssl-0.9.6g

sudo ./configure \
--with-layout=Darwin \
--enable-module=most \
--enable-shared=max \
--activate-module=src/modules/perl/libperl.a \
--enable-module=perl \
--enable-module=ssl \
--disable-shared=perl \
--disable-shared=ssl \
--disable-rule=EXPAT

sudo make
sudo make install

How I changed /etc/httpd/httpd.conf:

Added:

NameVirtualHost 127.0.0.1

<VirtualHost rt.local>
         DocumentRoot            /opt/rt3/html
         ServerName              rt.local
         PerlModule              Apache::DBI
         PerlFreshRestart        On
         PerlRequire             /opt/rt3/bin/webmux.pl

         <Location />
                 SetHandler              perl-script
                 PerlHandler             RT::Mason
         </Location>
</VirtualHost>

Please let me know what you think about it. As soon as I have the time
to configure the mail gateway and find out anything interesting I will
let you know.

Regards,

Benne

--