[rt-devel] Converting Exisiting RT installation to Oracle

Brian Houston/NCO/CEtv BHouston at austar.com.au
Tue Oct 22 23:17:55 EDT 2002

Greetings from Australia,

This is my first post to the RT Developer's list, excuse me if I'm covering
old ground.

We have an existing modified RT installation using MySQL locally on the
same server.  Everything is running fine.

The powers that be want to convert this installation to  use an Oracle
8.1.7 DB  hosted on another machine.

Could someone give me (or point me in the direction to) the steps required
to accomplish this?  I have modified the Config.pm file to use Oracle as
the DBIx driver and changed the host name to the Oracle box we are using.
What else do I need to do?  How should I change SearchBuilder?

Thanks in Advance,

Brian Houston

This email and any files transmitted with it, are confidential and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
If you have received this email in error, please notify the system manager.

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been scanned by AUSTAR Communications content  and virus scanning applications
for the presence of computer viruses.