[rt-devel] Converting Exisiting RT installation to Oracle

Brian Houston/NCO/CEtv BHouston at austar.com.au
Thu Oct 24 23:10:18 EDT 2002

Greetings,

We are in the middle of converting RT from MySQL to Oracle 8.1.7 and are
running into some difficulties.

We have the RT application on one Linux box, and the Oracle DB on another.
Here are the steps that we have completed so far:

1. Manually recreated all tables from MySQL DB to Oracle DB.
2. Edited the config.pm file to provide the new database name, hostname,
password etc.
3. Edited the webmux.pl file to include the  local ORACLE_BASE and
ORACLE_HOME directories.

On restarting the Apache server, everything seems to be fine, no errors are
thrown-  but on accessing RT via the Web Interface, I'm getting the
typical  "cannot find server or DNS error" as if Apache isn't even
started...  I've checked the  apache error log and the rt error log, and
also the
rt application log in /var/logs/rt  none of them give any indications of a
problem.

Can anyone give me a hint where I'm going wrong here?   Any clues would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks and cheers,

Brian Houston

This email and any files transmitted with it, are confidential and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
If you have received this email in error, please notify the system manager.

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been scanned by AUSTAR Communications content  and virus scanning applications
for the presence of computer viruses.