[rt-devel] [davide.manzoni@wseurope.com: Re: [rt-users] Problem saving attachments on db mysql]

Phil Homewood pdh at snapgear.com
Sun Sep 15 21:33:53 EDT 2002

Possible vict^H^H^Holunteer for some more i18n work...

----- Forwarded message from Davide Manzoni <davide.manzoni at wseurope.com> -----

Subject: Re: [rt-users] Problem saving attachments on db mysql
From: Davide Manzoni <davide.manzoni at wseurope.com>
To: Phil Homewood <pdh at snapgear.com>

Il ven, 2002-09-13 alle 00:11, Phil Homewood ha scritto:
> Davide Manzoni wrote:
> > This problem arises only for attachment over a certain dimension (1Mb is
> > ok, but 1.2Mb always gives such problems). Two attachments of 1Mb are
> > saved correctly (with two INSERT I suppose).
>
> Check your mysql config; you're hitting the max_allowed_packet size.
>
>   set-variable  = max_allowed_packet=10M
>
> in your my.cnf should help you.

Whoops!!! You're right!

Thanks a lot.

Maybe we can contribute to the Italian translation in the development
version, isn't it ? ;-)

Bye,
		Davide

----- End forwarded message -----