[rt-devel] Postgres performance.

Aidan Mountford aidan at oz.to
Wed Apr 2 05:21:39 EST 2003

Hello all,

I am using RT with a pg backend.

I am having some fairly serious issues relating to the performance of some
of the queries built by the query builder.

The worst issues seem to appear from an ACL lookup that occurs when
responding/commenting.

I have captured this query and note that it is not using joins.

To prove the point, i manually optimised this query, and reduced the
execution time from almost a  minute down to about 4 seconds.

My question is, before I begin really trying to hack away at the way the
query builder works.

a) Is anyone else doing this - or intend to??
b) Are there any know gotchas that will make this process difficult.

On another note:

I am looking at altering the ticket display/search to allow tickets that
have been updated since you last saw them to be displayed in a different
color.

Once again,
Is anyone else doing this, or does anyone else want it.

Cheers

Aidan Mountford
Technical Director
MindVision Interactive P/L