[rt-devel] RE: [rt-users] RT3 performance on `reply' again

Paul Wagland pwagland at allshare.nl
Fri Apr 18 05:56:07 EDT 2003

Hi all,

We also have this issue, and we are running Postgres 7.2 and Debian.
However, as a test, we tried a 7.3 database on another machine (which should
be about 3 times faster PIII-800 vs PII-300) and the query went from about 4
minutes to about 5 seconds... still extremely slow for what it is doing, but
actually usable.

We will be re-running this test on the slow hardware after we update it, and
will let you know of the results.

Cheers,
Paul