[rt-devel] Re: RT 3.0.2pre3: charsets

Ted Serreyn ted at serreyn.com
Wed Apr 23 15:00:35 EDT 2003

I just experienced this.  Tried to send a pdf attachment into one of my
queues and it looped on sendmail with the EX_TEMPFAIL.  I now have 10
copies of this email in my box and 10 copies of the pdf attached to the
case.  I finally manually removed the mail message from sendmails queue.

Running on linux (redhat 7.2 + some customization)
perl 5.6.1
sendmail 8.11.6
rav antivirus
RT 3.0.2pre3

Argh.  Not a good thing for my customers to get multiple copies of
emails.

Ted

On Wed, 2003-04-23 at 11:53, bill at daze.net wrote:
> Stanislav,
>
> > By the way, does rt-mailgate defer the message if Apache isn't running?
> > I couldn't find anything like that in the code.
>
> Yes it does, however on RT 3.0.0, it was duplicating messages.  It may be
> fixed on 3.0.1 or 3.0.2.
>
> >From is an excerpt from one of my messages to the rt-users list about it:
>
> "RT correctly issued EX_TEMPFAIL responses, but when RT came back up, we
> received one copy of the message for each EX_TEMPFAIL response that was
> sent and one copy for the successful send."
>
> Ref: http://lists.fsck.com/pipermail/rt-users/2003-April/012951.html

Ted Serreyn
Serreyn Network Services, LLC
http://www.serreyn.com/