[rt-devel] Tentative fix to attachment bug

Daniel E. Eisenbud eisenbud at cbio.mskcc.org
Wed Apr 30 01:56:41 EDT 2003

On Wed, Apr 30, 2003 at 01:36:10AM -0400, Daniel E. Eisenbud <eisenbud at cbio.mskcc.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 30, 2003 at 02:44:36AM +0800, Autrijus Tang <autrijus at autrijus.org> wrote:
> > I am very sure that the update to -pre4 did not complete successfully,
> > since the -pre4 autohandler does not have an array dereference in line 31,
> > and I specfically put in a fix for that in -pre4.
>
> Hmm, I've since reinstalled -pre4, restarted apache, tried again, and
> had exactly the same result.  I've diffed the autohandler in our RT
> directory (the path referred to in the error message is correct) with
> the one in the -pre4 distribution, and they're the same (and indeed
> different than the one in the -pre3 distribution.)  I feel like I must
> be missing something obvious, but I haven't yet figured out what.  We
> still get the same error.  :-(

Interestingly, I have now managed to attach a file (a JPEG,
specifically, since that's what I had handy) from the web UI by
replacing 3.0.2pre4's autohandler with 3.0.0's autohandler.  This same
file could not be successfully attached with the web UI with the
autohandler from 3.0.2pre4.

This also serves as a sanity check that RT wasn't secretly using a copy
of autohandler from another path, making my 3.0.2pre4 update
non-functional before.  Not that I really thought this was happening,
but it's nice to definitively eliminate the possibility.

I will leave the actual details of how the piece of perl on line 31 of
3.0.2pre4 could produce the error in question, since I am hardly a perl
guru.

-Dan