[rt-devel] RT3: mail UTF-8 automatic conversion and GPG verification

Guillaume Perréal perreal at lyon.cemagref.fr
Thu Aug 14 18:23:25 EDT 2003

Le Jeudi 14 Août 2003 20:24, darren chamberlain a écrit :
> * Rasmus Brøgger <Rasmus.Brogger at uni-c.dk> [2003-08-14 14:18]:
> > On Thu, Aug 14, 2003 at 08:09:34PM +0200, Guillaume Perréal wrote:
> > > Any idea to work around this "feature" ?
> >
> > Handle mail decryption with procmail/maildrop before it reaches RT,
> > and forward the decrypted mail into the mailgate.

This could be used for *encrypted* message, not for *signed* one, which I want
to authenticate user from (what Darren pointed out :)

> But then you can't use GPG as part of the authentication mechanism.

Maybe the signature verification could be done on the MDA side (rt-mailgate)
which then pass information passed to RT via an additionnal parameter. This
solution needs to make modifications in rt-mailgate,
/REST/1.0/NoAuth/mail-gateway, RT::EmailParser and RT::Interface::Email...

Another way is to keep a copy of the original MIME::Entity during the
authentication process, but it can be painful with large attachements...

Yet another solution is to make the UTF-8 conversion *after* authentication
phase. I don't know if and how this could make things going bad, if it ever
did.

Anyone ?

Thanks,