[rt-devel] Re: [rt-users] 100 SELECT queries to display just one ticket

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Mon Aug 18 00:10:26 EDT 2003

On Sun, Aug 17, 2003 at 11:50:20PM -0400, Asif Iqbal wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I noticed when I turned on the mysql log in the mysqld startup script it was
> showing  about 100 select commands just to display one ticket.
>
> Has anyone else noticed this ? Is it normal for RT-3-0-4 ? Is that why my RT is
> sooooo slow -- about 20+ secs to display one ticket.

There are definitely ways we can cut down on the number of SQL queries
used to display ticket output.  Generally, well-tuned systems don't need
that level of tweaking and when we've worked on customer systems, we've
never needed to resort to that optimization path. 20 seconds for ticket
display implies that there's something wrong with your database config
(where a missing index might count).

> I am using Solaris 8 (sparc)/MySQL 4.0.13/Perl 5.8/Apache
> 1.3.x/mod_perl1/RT 3-0-4
>
> I am also using my-medium.cnf for my 4x450Mhz/4gig system

I think for mysql's purposes, you really want a hand-tweaked
my-large.cnf.