[rt-devel] Finer-grained due dates

Jeff Sheltren sheltren at cs.ucsb.edu
Fri Aug 29 10:56:01 EDT 2003

Hi Graeme:

On Fri, 2003-08-29 at 07:46, Graeme Pyle wrote:

> I would like to be able to set the default due date for a queue down to
> the minute.

Wow, I'm glad you're not my boss! ;)

> Originally I thought I would
> just compute a number representing a fraction of a day from this input,
> but I see that the due date field doesn't keep fractions, so I'll
> probably have to turn that field into a float as well.

I know that both MySQL/postgresql have I timestamp variable, which is
what I would use to do this.  It will keep track of the month, day,
year, hour, minute, and second for you, rather than you having to
calculate some type of fraction.

> P.S. Shall I post a patch back to this list?

I'm sure someone would find this useful, so that may be a good idea.

-Jeff