[rt-devel] Re: Some HTML goodies (QuickSearch and EditLinks)

AJ rt at musefoundry.com
Mon Dec 1 19:31:49 EST 2003

Yes, creating a dependent ticket from within the current is very nice. I put
something like that into the RTIR so RT requests can be created from the
incident which would allow tracking of work assigned from the incident a
little more apparent. Then added a box below the Blocks that shows all
dependent tickets and in what queue they are. This kind of functionality
does a nice job at separating the SAs and their work from the NOC and
incident reporting. However, its not as clean as this implementation.  Mine
is just a modification of the new ticket element in the header with an
additional hidden argument that populates the dependency field. Problem is
that I had to it to every page that could display the ticket.

Now to figure out what I did so I can back it out.  This is so much less
intrusive. :) And the QuickSearch is also quite nice.

Thanks for putting this out!

A.J.