[rt-devel] RE: Changing ticket creation to current user

John Schubert jschubert at linearcorp.com
Fri Dec 5 10:22:25 EST 2003

On Thu, 2003-12-04 at 19:45, Robert Spier wrote:

> > ... Default => $session{'CurrentUser'}||undef &>
> >
> > I searched the archives and didn't see anything down this road, but
> > can't be the first person that's wanted the owner to default to the
> > logged in user.  Anyone else changed this?
>
> Try it... but I'm pretty sure you'll need:
>
> $session{'CurrentUser'}->Id()
>
> (judging by the code in Elements/SelectOwner

I tried it both ways and no dice.  I obviously dont understand the
default selection and it's interaction with mod_perl.  On a separate
line I could use
<% $session{'CurrentUser'}->Name %>
and see the name of the person who was logged in.  If I substituted this
string (with or without <% enclosing) for either the "undef" or
$session{'Current...}  it either ignored it or broke it (error upon
compilation).

So I'm close.  I know the variable is $sesson...Name, just no clue where
to paste it in.  All my Perl books are at home and my O-Reilly "Writing
Apache Modules" mod_perl pullout didn't help much.  I'm not sure I'd
have figured it out with my books anyway :-) as I've only worked with
Perl for about 3 months.

FWIW, ID gave the ID of the user (in this case, 37, which is odd because
there aren't more than 13 users), and using Id() broke the code.

Thanks...any other ideas??

John