[rt-devel] RT 2.1.67 : bug report

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Mon Feb 3 21:36:55 EST 2003

On Mon, Feb 03, 2003 at 11:38:41PM +0100, THAUVIN Blaise (Dir. Informatique) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Here are my findings on 2.1.67 :
>
> First, it is really faster than the previous versions and is now fast enough
> to be used for real. All tests are done with migrated data, not with "fresh"
> RT3 data.

That's very good to hear.

> Persistent change : using a specific subject string, everytime I click on
> "save changes", RT records a subject update, even though it was not modified
> at all. This seems to be related to accented caracters as the problem is
> visible with "échéance" but is not with "echeance" (the same string with or
> without accents).

Sounds like a UTF-8 bug. I'll see what I can find

> Custom fields 1 :  Imported custom field do not seem to work. Looking at the
> database, 17 Keywords and 8 records in keywordSelects are converted to 200
> Customfields and 1450 CustomfieldValues. Some were disabled in my RT2
> isntance, they are imported as active. CustomFields created within RT3 are
> OK

Interesting.  Sounds like an exporter bug. I'll have a look.

> Custom fields 2 : in Ticket, "Jumbo" : changes in custom fields are ignored
> when pressing "save changes". Changes are recorded if the same change is
> made in "Basics" page.

Fixed in 2.1.68

> Dates 1 : in Ticket, "dates". When updating a date previously unset (null),
> the action reports states the previous value is the current states instead
> of "null": Started changed from Mon. Feb. 03 23:20:32 2003 to Sun. Feb. 02
> 00:00:00 2003 by bthau051

Did you Open the ticket at the same time? Opening a ticket that was
previously new sets its "Started" date.

> Dates 2 : in Ticket, "dates". When updating the "last contact" date, the
> action reports says : "User notified by bthau051" when I expected it to say
> "last contact changed from.... to .....". There is no mail sent. The
> transaction recorded is "user notified", with the current date and time and
> not the one entered in the field. Maybe I did not understand how this field
> is supposed to be used.

Changed this one to just report the change of date. This is a historical
thing going back to RT 1.0.

--
»|« http://www.bestpractical.com/rt  -- Trouble Ticketing. Free.