[rt-devel] Bareword "REDIRECT" not allowed while "strict subs" in use

Phil Homewood pdh at bestpractical.com
Mon Feb 10 03:04:32 EST 2003

Jeff Holst wrote:
> I just installed a new instance of rt-2-1-69 on a test machine with a
> working copy of rt-2-0-15.  After completing the initial install steps (
> including: perl sbin/rt-test-dependencies --with-mysql --with-modperl1
> --install ) to meet new prereqs, I'm now encountering the following error
> when I try to restart apache with the new or old version of RT.  Any help
> would be appreciated.

You are aware that you're doomed if you expect both the RT instances
to coexist under mod_perl on the same machine, right? mod_perl does
not play nicely with multiple apps. :-(

> [Fri Feb  7 00:31:52 2003] [error] Bareword "REDIRECT" not allowed while
> "strict subs" in use at
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/HTML/Mason/ApacheHandler.pm line 188.
> BEGIN not safe after errors--compilation aborted at
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/HTML/Mason/ApacheHandler.pm line 197.

What version of HTML::Mason is installed? What version of mod_perl?
--
»|« http://www.bestpractical.com/rt  -- Trouble Ticketing. Free.