[rt-devel] RT Apache "hack" - updated version

Phil Homewood pdh at bestpractical.com
Mon Feb 10 03:07:08 EST 2003

Michael Brown wrote:
> In reference to "Short URLs to retrieve Ticket numbers and Queues" on the
> "Extending RT" page of the "RT Hackers Guide":
>
> These instructions are out of date and do not work properly with the
> current version of RT (2.0.15, as far as I am aware).

Hmm.

> I presume that Search/Listing.html no longer accepts ShowQueue as an
> argument; certainly it did not seem to do anything.  In addition, it was
> necessary to use the [R] flag to avoid breaking some of the relative links
> on the pages.

You're correct about the [R]. Doco has been updated.

As to The ShowQueue stuff, on the other hand, it's always required a
patch to Search/Listing, which seems to have been forgotten when the
Hackers Guide article was written. See

http://lists.fsck.com/pipermail/rt-users/2002-April/007593.html

(linked from the Hackers Guide article) for the details.

Personally, I find that cleaner than the RewriteRule you propose;
however, your rule has the advantage of requiring no RT changes. I
guess there's room for both in the Guide. :-)

> The "new" alias is just an extra that I find handy.

Cute.

--
»|« http://www.bestpractical.com/rt  -- Trouble Ticketing. Free.