[rt-devel] Quickly Jumping to another queue - feature request

Odhiambo Washington wash at wananchi.biz
Sat Feb 15 02:28:39 EST 2003

* Jesse Vincent <jesse at bestpractical.com> [20030215 10:12]: wrote:

> > BTW, I find rt3 quite slow. Is this because of me using fastcgi?
> > I'd have loved to use modperl but whenever I setup rt3 to use it
> > my apache core dumps.
>

> Quantify "Slow." Also, please describe what you're trying to run it on.
> It's definitely heavier than RT 2.0 was, but technology has also
> advanced a fair bit in the past two years.

Not a serious issue though. It's only that response is a bit slow compared
to rt2 which I also ran on the same box. Factors contributing to this could
be varios, ranging from

1. I used to run rt2 with modperl, not fastcgi as I use for rt3
2. This box has changed OS from FreeBSD 4.7-STABLE to 5.0-RELEASE.

The machine specs:

CPU: Pentium 4 (1699.95-MHz 686-class CPU)
  Origin = "GenuineIntel"  Id = 0xf12  Stepping = 2
Features=0x3febf9ff<FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,SEP,MTRR,PGE,\
MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CLFLUSH,DTS,ACPI,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,SS,HTT,TM>
real memory  = 335478784 (319 MB)
avail memory = 318521344 (303 MB)

I know this doesn't quantify ;)

        cheers
       - wash
Odhiambo Washington, wash at wananchi.com	. WANANCHI ONLINE LTD (Nairobi, KE)  |
http://ns2.wananchi.com/~wash/		. 1ere Etage, Loita Hse, Loita St.,  |
GSM: (+254) 722 743 223			. # 10286, 00100 NAIROBI             |