[rt-devel] 2.1.72

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Mon Feb 17 13:28:34 EST 2003

On Mon, Feb 17, 2003 at 01:23:45PM -0500, John Stoffel wrote:

> Jesse> The only feature work left for 2.1.x is integrating the new CLI
> Jesse> and RPC mechanism that's being built for it.
>
> So what are the design goals for the CLI design?  I'd personally like
> to see them as minimal as possible, so that I can run the CLI (like
> the web interface) from pretty much anywhere.  Ideally from a stuck
> perl5.6.1 installation directory if possible.

It'll be using a "REST" based RPC mechanism and is designed to run
remotely, using as few resources as possible. I can't give you an exact
list, but I do know that LWP will be a requirement, as will one of the
SSL wrappers, if you intend to use the CLI over a secured tunnel (which
we recommend).

--
�|� http://www.bestpractical.com/rt  -- Trouble Ticketing. Free.