[rt-devel] Re: accent problem in tickets submission by mail

Louis-David Mitterrand vindex at apartia.org
Mon Feb 24 03:44:32 EST 2003

On Fri, Feb 21, 2003 at 03:02:21PM -0500, Jesse Vincent wrote:
> Incidentally, what did you tell postgres your "standard" encoding was
> when installing it?

I selected SQL_ASCII but I now realize that I probably should have
selected UNICODE. It seemed to me that SQL_ASCII would provide better
performance in sorting and index management and that the overhead of
unicode was not called for when storing only latin1 characters.

Does RT requires unicode?

--
 THERAMENE: Elle vous cherche.
 HIPPOLYTE: Moi ?