[rt-devel] RT 2.1.58 - Alpha 2 pre-release

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Fri Jan 10 02:17:43 EST 2003

Today's release:

	* refactors ACL checks to the "Principal" object where they
	  belong. (This may mean that there's a simplification I can
	  make to the groups system, but that's got to be looked at
	  later).

	* significantly refactors and cleans up the mail gateway's code.
	  At this point, I'd be comfortable running the new mail gateway
	  on a publically accessable server that I'm responsible for.

	* Integrates Rob Spier's new Tickets.pm.  The module has been
	  completely gutted and redone.  In the future, users will be
	  able to enter complex ticket searches in an SQL-like language
	  directly.

	* fixes a few small random bugs.

It is my intent that this release will be marked as "RT 3.0 Alpha 2"
when I get a chance to write some release notes, assuming that
nobody finds something horrifically bad in the meantime.

	Best,
	Jesse

--
»|« http://www.bestpractical.com/rt  -- Trouble Ticketing. Free.