[rt-devel] FastCGI and OS X

Josh Levinger Josh.Levinger at DARTWARE.COM
Mon Jan 13 17:55:03 EST 2003

Please forgive what may be a stupid question. I'm trying to get FastCGI to work
on Mac OS 10.2.3. I've gotten RT all installed, all the dependencies worked out,
and the virtual hosts configured with the following:

LoadModule fastcgi_module libexec/httpd/mod_fastcgi.so
AddModule mod_fastcgi.c
AddHandler fastcgi-script fcgi

<VirtualHost rt>
     DocumentRoot            /opt/rt3/html
     AddHandler              fastcgi-script fcgi fcp fpl
     ServerName              rt
     SetHandler              fastcgi-script
     FastCgiServer           /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi
     ScriptAlias /           /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi/
     Alias /NoAuth/images/   /opt/rt3/html/NoAuth/images/
     ErrorLog                /Users/josh/Documents/logs/rt.log
</VirtualHost>

I installed FastCGI as a DSO, and placed it correctly. However, when I try to
load the RT web interface, I get this error:

FastCGI: comm with server "/opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi" aborted: idle
timeout (30 sec)

I've searched up and down on this list's archive, as well as others for FastCGI.
I've seen the problem mentioned twice, but never with an answer following. This
leads me to believe that there is something very simple I have missed.

Thank you for any help you can provide.