[rt-devel] Re: RT 2.0.60 / Data migration : Translation and code page issues....

Robert Spier rspier at pobox.com
Thu Jan 23 10:56:35 EST 2003

> I was able to understand the crash issue thanks to the patch proposed by Rob. We have apostrophes in many of our queues
> names. This worked fine in RT2, but seems to be forbidden in RT3. From the Apache log file:
>
> [crit]: _parser(  (  'Queue' = 'Dauphin-Spid'R'  ) AND (  'Status' = 'open'  )  )  (/usr/local/rt3/lib/RT/
> Tickets_Overlay_SQL.pm:123)

This is a bug in the new search code.  I will look into this later
today/tonight, but a quick fix might be...

in Tickets_Overlay: _ProcessRestrictions

before my $data = [ $ea, ...

stick:

(I'm not awake yet, so that may not even compile.)

> - I could not see the tickets in the queue unless I remove the status research criteria. The reason is it is selecting
> tickets with status 'ouvert' or 'nouveau' while the database contains 'open' or 'new'.

This may be a bad interaction between localization and the new search
stuff.  The frontend needs to always use the english version when it
passes the data around, it should only use the translated version for
display.

-R