[rt-devel] Real Name of autocreated users

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Tue Jul 29 18:18:08 EDT 2003

On Tue, Jul 29, 2003 at 03:04:42PM +0400, Dmitry Sivachenko wrote:
> Hello!
>
> rt-3.0.5pre1.
>
> Imagine that a new user submits a ticket via e-mail.  It's From: field
> contains properly encoded non-ascii symbols.
>
> When I view 'More Info' about that user, it's Real Name contains trash instead
> of letters.
>
> Any thoughts?

My first thought is to ask what perl version you're running.
Also, does it happen all the time or only sometimes?
And can you hand us a message that does it?
I'm pretty sure that some of the messages you've sent for test cases
before had encoded names in the From header. if you run "make
regression" on a clean database and view via the web ui, are those
garbled?