[rt-devel] rt2-to-rt3 dumper file schema?

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Wed Jul 30 00:45:18 EDT 2003

On Fri, Jul 25, 2003 at 05:16:36PM -0500, Jim Rowan wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I'm charged with importing data from another ticket system (itrack) into
> rt3.  I suspect the most expedient way will be to coerce it into the
> format that rt2-to-rt3 dumps.  Can someone help me out with what that
> format is?  I don't have an rt2 installation at all, or I'd dump it and
> examine the output.

Jim,

	I'd strongly recommend that you not use the rt2-to-rt3 metadata
	format as an intermediate format when importing into RT3. The
	format assumes an awful lot about how your previous ticketing
	system worked (which is safe when the same guy wrote both of
	them, as well as the migration tool). Instead, have a look at
	the various -to-rt2 importers available in contrib. RT's API has
	changed between RT2 and RT3, but between the old importers and
	the perldoc, I think you'll be in decent shape for writing a new
	tool.

	Jesse