[rt-devel] Strange attachment parsing

Daniel E. Eisenbud eisenbud at cbio.mskcc.org
Wed Jun 11 10:06:33 EDT 2003

On Wed, Jun 11, 2003 at 09:46:33PM +0800, Autrijus Tang <autrijus at autrijus.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 11, 2003 at 05:42:27PM +0400, Dmitry Sivachenko wrote:
> >
> > Wouldn't it be more sane to send it with
> > Content-Transfer-Encoding=queted-printable instead of 'binary'?
>
> Maybe.  Maybe not.  Since RT does not preserve incoming
> attachment's transfer encoding, the best bet you have
> would be passing an extra pair of option:
>
>     Encoding	=> '-SUGGEST'
>
> to the $MIMEObj->attach() function.  Let me know if it
> works for you.

We've been having a problem here with RT occasionally coding a PDF or
Word file here as binary.  Then the virus filter of another part of our
organization rejects the mail because it contains NULLs.  While I think
that this is probably broken on the virus filter's part (not the first
time it's been broken) it would be nice if RT could automatically encode
such attachments as base64 or even q-p.

-Dan
--
Daniel E. Eisenbud