[rt-devel] Decoding of Subjects broken in 3.0.3pre3 (3.0.3pre2 was OK)

Dmitry Sivachenko mitya at cavia.pp.ru
Sat Jun 14 15:42:13 EDT 2003

On Sun, Jun 15, 2003 at 03:17:06AM +0800, Autrijus Tang wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 14, 2003 at 03:21:45PM +0400, Dmitry Sivachenko wrote:
> > What do you think about my suggestion to pass every header containing
> > non-ascii characters to Encode::Guess, as you do with message body?
>
> I think it's the only sane way out.  Jesse?

Another sane way (which is more complex to implement) would be
to look if message body contains text part and assume that encoding of
headers is the same as encoding of the body.
Otherwise, fallback to Encode::Guess.
This is probably better solution because Encode::Guess may fail to
determine encoding because headers typically contain a few characters
to base a decision on, and headers should have the same encoding as
text part of the body almost for sure.

Just another thought.