[rt-devel] 3.0 import issue?

Eric Horne eric.horne at std.teradyne.com
Mon Jun 16 17:26:46 EDT 2003

Jesse-

   Hi. I had reported to you a problem a while back where the rt
export/import script would successfully import my rt 2.x tickets, but
they would not be visible from the tool. That is, rt 3.0.0 would say
that there are no tickets in a given queue, when in fact there were.
Queues, users, scrips, templates all seem to import and work, just the
tickets appear to import and not be displayable.

   Some more information -- it appears that the "EffectiveID" column is
not being set. When I set EffectiveID in the Ticket table to the value
for "id", rt 3.0.0 suddenly sees all the tickets! I did something
similar in the Transactions table, but that didn't seem to make much of
a difference.

   Does that help the diagnosis? What did I do wrong during the
import/export?

   Thanks for your help!

-Eric