[rt-devel] bug in regression tests?

Jamie Wilkinson jaq at spacepants.org
Thu Jun 19 06:22:29 EDT 2003

This one time, at band camp, Jamie Wilkinson wrote:
>This one time, at band camp, Jesse Vincent wrote:
>>That does indeed look like a bug in the test suite or your setup. there
>>are about 900 tests ;)
>
>I'm now getting up to 154 with no errors, and now no log messages indicating
>a failure either:

Fixed my other problem now.  It was due to the way testify-pods creates the
tests, and the way my test harness was setting things up... long story cut
short is that now all of the parts of Makefile.in that I care about now
support split build/source directories.

So, the full regression suite runs nicely now and I discover that 2 tests
fail and one test seems to fail but doesn't actually report a failure.

First, in lib/RT/CurrentUser.pm:

not ok 431 - Localized TEST_STRING into Frenc
#     Failed test (/home/jaq/src/rt.3.0.C038/lib/RT/CurrentUser.pm at line 321)

I modified the test a little, so that line 321 reads

ok ($cu->loc('Before') eq "Avant", "Localized TEST_STRING into French: " . $cu->loc('Before'));

and it reports that $cu->loc('Before') returns the string 'Before'.  I've
just installed the fr locales on my system and the test still fails.  What
would I need for this to pass?

Second, I get this error message from a test that doesn't report failure:

ok 449 - Created the scrip action
[Thu Jun 19 10:06:57 2003] [error]: Ticket creation failed for 20 Can't
call method "Id" on an undefined value at template line 7.
 (/tmp/rt-test-32176/inst/lib/RT/Action/CreateTickets.pm:358)
[Thu Jun 19 10:06:57 2003] [error]: Ticket creation failed for 20 Can't call
method "Id" on an undefined value at template line 2.
 (/tmp/rt-test-32176/inst/lib/RT/Action/CreateTickets.pm:358)
ok 450
ok 451

Looks like the ActionObj part of the CreateTickets test is breaking somehow,
but no idea why.

Finally, the recent encoding test is breaking:

ok 644 - The only part is text/plain
not ok 645 - The =?KOI8-R?B?W2V4YW1wbGUuY29tICMyN10g1MXT1CDUxdPU?= is
encoded correctly
#     Failed test ((eval 899) at line 10)
ok 646 - found ticket 27

1..649
# Looks like you failed 2 tests of 649.

Still not 900 though... I'm using all of the tests out of bin and lib now, I'm
pretty sure of that.

--
jaq at spacepants.org                           http://spacepants.org/jaq.gpg