[rt-devel] rt SOAP server

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Sat Jun 28 14:19:49 EDT 2003

On Sat, Jun 28, 2003 at 06:49:41PM +0200, Michael Lausch wrote:

> > Ow. no. that was never intended to be a sequence. I'm terribly sorry
> > about that.
>
> sequemnce is okay. that's the wsdl or xml-schema way to define
> structures.

Ah. Sorry. Like I said, I'm somewhat of a SOAP newbie.

> > *nod* Ok. That's much more what I intended. I've attached a start at a
> > WSDL file I had a while ago, just for trying to think things through.
> > Though I'll note that the WSDL designer I used also seemed to have a bit
> > of a mind of its own.
>
> ok. i'l use the snippet you provided as a start and follow your naming
> conventions.

Actually, the bits I really care about are the property naming
conventions, and those need to stay the same as they are in core RT for
reasons of not having to do a lot of annoying data conversion.  Method
names and data structure names, I'd rather follow standard SOAP
convetions for.

> since i'm not good in perl, the implementation in the server will be
> subject to corrections ;-)

No worries. I'd be happy to help out there.

> depending on my speed to get used to M$ Visual.NET, i'll provide the C#
> source for a server test suite at the end of the following week. also
> some Python client code will come into existence (i'm more interested in
> a Python client, but the .NET client is needed for interop tests).

Ooh. That's all quite exciting. Thanks!

Best,

	Jesse