[rt-devel] rt3 and custom fields

Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai asmodai at wxs.nl
Sun Mar 2 03:32:15 EST 2003

-On [20030302 09:02], Bart Bunting (bart at urnet.com.au) wrote:
>I guess the conclusion that I'm comeing to is what I want is a way to
>use a custom field for the storage of the data but to be able to
>render a custom UI element that does the database lookups and display.

Sounds like what I want.

I am setting it up for the TenDRA Project, a compiler suite, and I want
to have an operating system custom field.  That's not hard.  The hard
part comes when I want to make the version used dependent on what is
chosen in the OS custom field.  I mean, no need to let someone chose
FreeBSD and have HP-UX' 11.22 version number show.

--
Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven <asmodai(at)wxs.nl> / asmodai / a capoeirista
PGP fingerprint: 2D92 980E 45FE 2C28 9DB7  9D88 97E6 839B 2EAC 625B