[rt-devel] More remarks and bugs about approvals

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Tue Mar 4 17:20:04 EST 2003

On Tue, Mar 04, 2003 at 10:39:18PM +0100, THAUVIN Blaise (Dir. Informatique) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is my second list of remarks concerning approvals:
>
> - The status for an approval ticket are : new, rejected and resolved. Why
> not new, rejected, approved, or even pending, rejected, approved?

Really, because those are the standard names. I can see cleaning them up
in the future. open a bug by mailing rt-3.0-bugs at fsck.com?

> - When viewing a ticket, or a ticket list (queues, home page), there is no
> difference between a normal and an approval ticket. It is possible to "open"
> a approbation ticket, is that ok?

It should be just fine. longer term, better handling to hide "special"
sorts of tickets would be good.

> - Nothing prevents closing a ticket when an approval is pending or rejected.
> Shouldn't it behave like normal tickets dependencies : if an approval is
> pending, closing the related ticket is not possible. The error message is
> "That ticket has unresolved dependencies", an new message could be "That
> ticket depends on pending or rejected approvals".

By closing, do you mean resolving or rejecting? you should be able to
"abandon" a ticket that depends on things (by rejecting it yourself) but
should not be able to resolve it.

> - Forget about my previous "bug" about the dependency links, it was due to a
> spelling mistake in my configuration file. Still, I believe the link should
> be different when the dependency is an approval ticket so it directs to the
> approval interface rather than the standard ticket one.

*nod* that makes sense.

> - When adding a dependency, the confirmation message is only partially
> translated :
> Le lien est ajoute (Ticket 7903 RefersTo ticket
> fsck.com-rt://dauphin-affichage.com/ticket/8105.)
> The message starting with fsck.com-rt:// may look cryptic to a user.
>
> - All status are translated in the relationship area, exept the "Children"
> one. The owner does not appear :
>          Parents: 7911: (Nobody) test [nouveau]
>          Children: 7905: test appro [open]

It's probably missing a loc call. I'll have a look.

> I've been asked for a kind of workflow application here where I think RT
> plus the new approval stuff may be the right answer. I'll try to build a
> working prototype, but I feel there is still some work to be done on this
> part of the software before it is fully operationnal. I guess this is normal
> as those new features are completely new.

*nod* It should be functional now for simple applications, but It can
definitely stand improvement going forwards.