[rt-devel] rt-2-1-80 Scrip Actions fixes and bugs

Phil Homewood pdh at bestpractical.com
Thu Mar 6 17:27:12 EST 2003

J. Sloan wrote:
> Anyway - I now get, when I reply to a ticket via the web interface:
>
> Thu Mar 06 14:38:22 2003  RT_System - Status changed from new to open
> Thu Mar 06 14:38:25 2003  js138 - Status changed from open to new
>
> Which is a tad odd.
>
> The new to open is presumably the OnCorrespond OpenTickets with Blank -

Correct.

> and the open->new by the fact that the reply template defaults to the
> status as it is (which is new) being processed afterwards.

Also correct. The order of processing is really indeterminate.

> Presumably not quite as expected.  Bug or misfeature tho?

Yes. :-)

We patched our 2.x install to work around this, by defaulting
the web UI to open if appropriate. A similar hack should work
with 2.1.x.

Replace the line

 $DefaultStatus = $Ticket->Status() unless ($DefaultStatus);

with

 unless ($DefaultStatus) {
        $DefaultStatus = $Ticket->Status();
        if ($DefaultStatus eq 'new') {