[rt-devel] Major Problem installing RT 3.0 beta ( 2.1.75)

fkittred at gwi.net fkittred at gwi.net
Wed Mar 12 17:03:52 EST 2003

On Wed, 12 Mar 2003 15:27:50 -0500  Jesse Vincent wrote:
> Valid values for --with-db-type are "Pg" and "mysql". Starting with the
> next release of RT, you'll be stopped by configure, rather than getting
> the weird-looking error you got.. Starting with the next release of RT,
> you'll be stopped by configure, rather than getting the weird-looking
> error you got.. Starting with the next release of RT, you'll be stopped
> by configure, rather than getting the weird-looking error you got..
> Starting with the next release of RT, you'll be stopped by configure,
> rather than getting the weird-looking error you got.

My apologies.  I get the point ;-)

If it helps any others in my situation, one thing that kept me from
diagnosing this properly is that my initial RT_SiteConfig.pm had
'postgres' as the databasetype.  Further installs with the correct
config of 'Pg' naturally did not change this value.  Also, I found it
confusing that the rt-test-dependencies had "--with-postgres" as a
listed switch value rather than --with-Pg.

regards,
fletcher