[rt-devel] speedy cgi

Vivek Khera khera at kcilink.com
Fri Mar 28 15:41:01 EST 2003

try number two, fumble fingers...

After much diddling about I finally came up with the recipe to run RT3
under SpeedyCGI (aka PersistentPerl).

Apache config:

LoadModule speedycgi_module   libexec/apache2/mod_speedycgi.so
AddHandler speedycgi-script .scgi

<VirtualHost *>
    ServerName support.example.com
    DocumentRoot "/usr/local/rt3/share/html"
    AddDefaultCharset UTF-8

    Alias /bin/ "/usr/local/rt3/bin/"
    <Location /bin>
        Options +ExecCGI
    </Location>
    Action text/html /bin/mason_handler.scgi
</VirtualHost>

And here's mason_handler.scgi:

--cut here--
#!/usr/local/bin/speedy
# BEGIN LICENSE BLOCK
#
# Copyright (c) 1996-2003 Jesse Vincent <jesse at bestpractical.com>
#
# (Except where explictly superceded by other copyright notices)
#
# This work is made available to you under the terms of Version 2 of
# the GNU General Public License. A copy of that license should have
# been provided with this software, but in any event can be snarfed
# from www.gnu.org.
#
# This work is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but
# WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
# MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the GNU
# General Public License for more details.
#
# Unless otherwise specified, all modifications, corrections or
# extensions to this work which alter its source code become the
# property of Best Practical Solutions, LLC when submitted for
# inclusion in the work.
#
#
# END LICENSE BLOCK

use strict;
require ('/usr/local/rt3/bin/webmux.pl');

my $h = &RT::Interface::Web::NewCGIHandler();

require CGI;

RT::Init();

my $cgi = CGI->new;
unless ($h->interp->comp_exists($cgi->path_info)) {
    $cgi->path_info($cgi->path_info . "/index.html");
}
$h->handle_cgi_object($cgi);

1;
--cut here--