[rt-devel] RT Optimizations

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Thu May 8 06:42:09 EDT 2003

On Wed, May 07, 2003 at 05:10:22PM -0400, Josh Levinger wrote:
> I'm running RT 3.0.1 on Mac OS X 10.2.5, Mysql 4.0.12, Apache 1.3.27, modperl
> 1.27, perl 5.8.0. The box itself is a G4 800, with a gig of ram.
>
> The home screen of RT loads quite slowly. Once in, I can access tickets quickly,
> but the home screen takes at least a minute to load. I know it won't be fast the
> first time, as RT has to compile, but the home screen is still slow each
> subsequent time.

How many queues do you have? How many staff users? Your setup is very,
very similar to my testing setup. (My tiBook is a bit faster, but
probablz has a slower disk ;) As I'm in a net-cafe, I can't quote my
mysql config at you, but I pretty much never see the front page take
more than 15s to load, even with heavy ticket loads...