[rt-devel] RT 3.0.2 I18N patch proposal

Kristian Rønningen krmm at nordkapp.net
Tue May 20 04:59:16 EDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-05-20 at 10:22, Remy Chibois wrote:
> This is why I wanted people using international chars to test it.
> What LANG are you using ?

Not quite sure what you mean, but phpinfo() tells me that an
environment-variable LANG is set to 'C'.

> What are your InputEncoding and OutputEncoding in RT_SiteConfig.pm ?

@EmailInputEncodings = qw(utf-8 iso-8859-1 us-ascii) unless
(@EmailInputEncodings);

Set($EmailOutputEncoding , 'iso-8859-1');

> Without the patch, are all international chars displayed correctly
> (interface and/or emails) ?

My experience is that characters never have been displayed correctly.
After applying this 3.0.2-patch, I see the exact same behaviour as
before (maybe I did something wrong?). As well as norwegian characters
being displayed wrong, some of the other characters that appear (or,
should have appeared) after the norwegian characters, disappears. I gave
an example of this in an earlier thread on the rt-users-list.

I'm using RT 3.0.2 on Debian woody
Perl 5.6.1
modperl 1
apache 1.3.26