[rt-devel] rt2-to-rt3 status and RPM's for depenencies

mixo mixo at beth.uniforum.org.za
Tue May 27 05:04:39 EDT 2003

rt2-to-rt3 is now at version 1.13 and still under development directory.
Is there a time line as to when it will be ready for production?
And,  are there any 'speed ups' planned?  Right now I am testing
rt2-to-rt3 on a 150M database (postgresql-7.2.3-5.73) with about
4800 tickets (redhat 7.3 , 1.4GHz athlon, 512 MB ram):
the dump is at ticket 718 currently, and it been about 40 minutes.
Is this to be expected? I am a bit concerned as the current
production rt has 81000+ tickets (and I don't even want to think
about the size in bytes).

And,

Has any consider integrating 'cpan2rpm' with 'rt-test-dependencies'
script? So far I tried

       for name in `perl rt-test-dependencies --with-modperl1
--with-postgresql `;
           echo cpan2rpm --no-sign $name;
       done

Which has serious limititations, like for instance if a dependency has it
own dependencies, then the rpm build will fail. But, the good thing is
about 20 rpms were built (which is probably due most depencies being met).